bigtruck's guide to Truckee
Posted on 06 July 2017
Ingrained in bigtruck’s DNA is an adventurous yet community minded spirit that makes Truckee, California the dream headquarters (and playground.) From family time to #funfirst in the great outdoors, we have compiled a list of some of our favorite summer things to do around town.
- A day at the lake – whether you are hanging out on the West End beach with your family or kicking it with friends on one of Donner Lake’s public piers, you won’t be disappointed with the amazing views and refreshing water at Donner Lake. Pro tip: if you want your own pier for the day be sure to arrive to the lake early! Mega Pro tip: make friends with someone with a boat and ask them to take you wake surfing.
- Mountain Biking – Sawtooth is a beginner to intermediate trail is a fun loop that is just minutes away from downtown Truckee. With several options for different routes to take, this loop can be adjusted depending on how many miles you are looking to conquer. Also be sure to check out the Legacy Trail along the river and be sure to make a pit stop at the Truckee River Winery.
- Downtown – With a growing restaurant and craft beer scene, downtown Truckee will not disappoint. If you are able to time it right, be sure to check out Truckee Thursdays – Truckee’s own summer street festival showcasing local vendors, artisans and musicians.
- Rock climbing – from beginners to pro climbers like Emily Harrington, the Donner Summit has a little something for everyone.
- Coffee – With delicious baked goods and amazing coffee, a trip to Truckee is not complete without stopping by Coffeebar for a cup of joe. Be sure to grab a seat outside and checkout our cobranded bigtruck® x Coffeebar hats.
- Summer skiing – Truckee is located just minutes away from the Spring Skiing Capitol™, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Be sure to head to Squaw for some summer turns and enjoy some sun poolside at High Camp.
- Hats – don’t forget to stop by the one and only bigtruck® hat bar. Not only can you customize your own bigtruck® hat in a matter of minutes, but we are happy to give you a quick tour of our local factory and headquarters.