14 ways to have #funfirst with your family this summer
Posted on 13 April 2017
- Go jump in the lake. It doesn't have to be Lake Tahoe but we highly recommend it. ;)
- Take a road trip to somewhere you have never been - it's okay to get lost.
- Go for a hike. Here are our top pick's if you happen to be in Tahoe.
- Camp out. Whether it is in your backyard or in a National Park, pack up the car sleep under the stars.
- Take the train and go somewhere new - who knows, maybe you will end up in Truckee, CA.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Head to the beach. Pack up the boogie boards and bigtruck® hats and spend a day with your toes in the sand.
- Go volunteer! Rather it is picking up around your town or finding a local non-profit spend your time doing something you can feel good about it. We recommend checking out the High Fives Foundation or Truckee River Watershed Council if you are in our neighborhood.
- Go Paddleboarding. Tahoe SUP has boards for the whole family.
- Go get an ice cream. In this scenario it's okay not to share. ;)
- Check out your local farmer's market. We love heading to the Truckee Farmer's Market during the summer months.
- Be a tourist in your hometown. Whether it is a family photo in front of the Golden Gate bridge or a selfie at the top of Squaw Valley, don't be afraid to bust out the selfie stick.
- Read a book. Find a hammock or comfortable spot in the sun and dive in!
- Check out the bigtruck® hat bar in Truckee, CA! Design your own bigtruck hat and watch it be sewn before your eyes.